The people worship Asherat-of-the-Sea, a goddess of water, who is considered to be the wife of the Doge.
Tiberium is the equivalent of Rome and is home to the University of Tiberium, which draws its students from as far away as Alba. The Carthagianian empire was defeated at Tiberium. Tiberium itself once commanded an empire after the downfall of Carthage.
Lucca is walled city in the north. It is known for having great trees grow from the tops of its walls. Though an impressive site, the tree roots weaken the walls.
Imriel travels here in Kushiel's Scion and fights to defend the city.
Near Lucca. The Duke of Valpetra attacked Lucca in Kushiel's Scion
Notable Caerdicci CharactersEdit
The Stregazza family—ruling family in La Serenissima.
- Cesare Stregazza—the Doge
- Marco Stregazza—Cesare's oldest son. Married to Marie-Celeste.
- Severio Stregazza—Son of Marco and Marie-Celeste.
- Ricciardo Stregazza—Cesare's youngest son
- Allegra Stregazza—Ricciardo's wife.
- Maria Stregazza—(deceased) married to Prince Benedicte de la Courcel.
- Marie-Celeste de la Courcel Stregazza—oldest daughter of Benedicte and Maria. Married to Marco.
- Therese de la Courcel Stregazza—youngest daughter of Benedicte and Maria. Married to Dominic. Responsible for the death of Isabel L'Envers.
- Dominic Stregazza—Husband of Therese, poisoned Isabel, assassinated by Barquiel L'Envers.
Gallus Tadius—leader of the Red Scourge, a historic army defending Lucca. Possessed Lucius Tadius.
Lucius Tadius da Lucca—student at the University of Tiberium, friend of Imriel, and grandson of Gallus Tadius.